Thursday, August 6, 2009

Basement done for now!

We have finished working on the basement for now. There is still a section of sheet rock work to do. Tyler assures me it will get finished as soon as I hire someone to do it! When that is done then we can finish up the painting. That is a great winter activity! We will not put any carpeting down for a couple of years to allow the french drain to prove itself! The cement basement is actually pretty nice- less vacuming and it does keep it much cooler down there on the hot days! And you know how I LOVE the smell of a cement basement- I get that for awhile more!! Here are some final before and after pictures.

Family room progression:


The other side of the family room and looking down the hall.

We just painted the cement floor and used some remnant pieces of carpet to cover the trenches so it is not so hard on your feet when you walk over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment